Classes are offered at the following levels:
* Class levels above are approximate. We accept new students who used to dance at other studios and they often lack proper training and experience to qualify for a certain level. On the other hand, some students may have more experience and better training than their peers in the same age group. Therefore, all class placements are made based on evaluation of each student by a sole discretion of the Artistic Director. Additionally, two or more levels maybe combined in one class if needed, at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
· Level 1 (Pre-Ballet, 3 - 4 years old) - 1 pre-ballet class per week is required, 2 classes recommended
· Level 2, (Ballet, 5 - 6 years old) - 1 ballet class per week is required, 2 classes recommended
· Level 3 (7- 8 years old) - 2 ballet classes per week are required, 3 classes recommended
· Level 4 (9 - 10 years old) - 2 ballet classes per week are required, Pre-Pointe class recommended
· Level 5 (10 - 11 years old) - 2 ballet classes per week are required, Pointe class recommended
· Level 6+ (12 and older) - 4 ballet classes per week are required, more classes recommended
Company members have additional requirements.
We put a strong emphasis on learning classical ballet technique and style. Because learning the basics of classical ballet is a critical part in development of any young dancer, every student is required to take a certain minimum of ballet classes appropriate for her/his age group.
Ballet classes include the following: